The CyberForce system is a force feedback armature that not only conveys realistic grounded forces to the hand and arm but also provides six degrees of freedom positional tracking that accurately measures translation and rotation of the hand in three dimensions.
The CyberForce system is an option designed to work with the CyberGrasp exoskeleton, the award-winning, lightweight, force-reflecting system that fits over a CyberGlove data glove and adds resistive force feedback to each finger. The CyberForce system is produced under license from SensAble Technologies, Inc.
Using the CyberForce system together with the CyberGrasp exoskeleton, you can literally "hang your hand" on a virtual steering wheel, sense weight and inertia while picking up a "heavy" virtual object, or feel the impenetrable resistance of a simulated wall. The CyberForce option allows you to intuitively explore and interact with simulated graphical objects via the most natural interface possible -the human hand.
- Force Generation: 8.8 N max (6.6 N min)
- Armature Weight: 19 lbs (8.6 kg)*
- Workspace: 12 x 12 in (30.5 x 30.5 cm) swept through 133 degrees with radius of 20 in (51 cm).** See datasheet for diagram.
- Position Resolution: 0.0024 in (0.06mm) max; 0.0029 in (0.073 mm) min***
- Orientation Resolution: 0.09 degrees
- Instrumentation unit: Force Control Unit (FCU) and power supply included
- Interface: Ethernet (10/100Mbps)
* Weight does not include CyberGrasp system.
**Position resolution and force generation specifications apply to the described workspace.Larger physical limits for the complete workspace are depicted on this diagram.
***Based on encoder resolution and as reported by software. Actual resolution is a function of armature compliance, loading, and friction.