The smallest sensor from InterSense, the InertiaCube3 is ideal for simulation, training and industrial OEM applications. The sensor offers a low-profile, rugged aluminum enclosure which enables easy integration into any tracked solution.
With an optional I2C interface, external analog and digital data is combined with the sensor data for control of buttons, joysticks, and LEDs. Advanced magnetic compensation algorithms mitigate the environmental effects caused by ferrous metal and static magnetic fields.
- Sourceless 3-DOF tracking with full 360° range
- Accuracy of 1° yaw, 0.25° pitch & roll
- 180 Hz update rate
- 4 ms of latency
- Adjustable output filters and rotational sensitivity
- In-situ and environmental Compass Calibration Tools for static magnetic field compensation
- Accelerometer, gyro, and magnetometer data available
- Options include USB interface and external processor
- Optional I2C interface allows analog and digital interfaces
|Degrees of Freedom||3 (Yaw, Pitch, and Roll)|
|Angular Range||Full 360° - All Axes|
|Maximum Angular Rate*||1200° per second|
|Minimum Angular Rate*||0° per second|
|Accuracy (RMS)*||1° in yaw, 0.25° in pitch & roll at 25°C|
|Angular Resolution*||0.03° RMS|
|Update Rate||180 Hz|
|Minimum Latency||2 ms for RS-232 (PC host OS dependent)|
|Prediction||Up to 50 milliseconds|
|Serial Rate||115.2 kbaud|
|Size (without mounting plate)||1.03 in. x 1.54 in. x 0.58 in.
(26.2 mm x 39.2 mm x 14.8 mm)
|Weight||0.60 ounces (17 grams)|
|Cable Length||15 ft. (4.572 m)|
|Power||6 VDC, 40 mA via AC adapter|
|Operating Temp. Range||0° to 70° C|
|O/S Compatibility||.dll for Windows 7/Vista/XP
.so for Linux
* Performance may vary depending on wireless environment, operating system and Bluetooth adapter.