The Flex 3 camera offers integrated image capture, processing, and motion tracking in a powerful, compact package. Customize your camera with user-changeable M12 lenses, black case treatments, and OptiTrack’s exclusive Filter Switcher technology. Scalable, modular, and a fraction of the price you would expect—Flex 3 cameras deliver the world’s premier optical tracking value proposition.
Fast, precise, and efficient tracking
The Flex 3 is capable of capturing fast moving objects with its global shutter imager and 100 FPS capture speed. By maximizing its 640 × 480 VGA resolution through advanced image processing algorithms, the Flex 3 can also track markers down to sub-millimeter movements with repeatable accuracy.
On-camera image processing
The Flex 3 can send a variety of pre-processed image types to your PC, resulting in decreased bandwidth and CPU load, and more efficient motion tracking. Image processing types include:
- Precision grayscale – Most precise marker detection. The Flex 3’s default processing type. Sends grayscale marker information to the PC for calculation of object location, size, and roundness using our most precise processing methods. Provides greater accuracy than other modes, but consumes more CPU resources and USB bandwidth.
- Segment – Balanced marker detection. Similar to Precision Grayscale, Segment processing streamlines marker information for more CPU-efficient marker detection. Provides a balance between precision and USB bandwidth use.
- Object – The most CPU-efficient marker detection. Provides more efficient USB bandwidth utilization, but delivers less marker information to the PC than other modes.
- MJPEG-compressed grayscale – Full resolution grayscale frames, compressed on-camera for highly scalable scene video capabilities.
- Raw grayscale – Full resolution, uncompressed grayscale.
Access a variety of Flex 3 settings with any of OptiTrack’s software applications, such as the Camera SDK, for greater control over what your cameras capture and what information they report to the PC. Available settings include:
- Image processing type
- Frame rate
- Filter switching
- Status LED control
- And more…
Filter Switcher technology
Toggle your camera between capturing infrared or visible light with a single mouse-click. Swap your Flex 3’s 800nm pass filter out on the fly to access visible spectrum grayscale video for enhanced image quality whenever reference video is required.
Flex 3 cameras are equipped with a solenoid that can be controlled in-software to extend or retract the infrared lens filter. OptiTrack’s custom polychromatic M12 lenses are specially designed to remain in focus in both the visible and infrared spectrums.
Enhanced scene illumination
Utilize environmental lighting—including standard fluorescent lights—to illuminate your scene for brighter lighting throughout large volumes.
Improved scene video recording and live presentation
Replace high contrast, infrared lighting with natural, visible light for more balanced and visually appealing scene video—ideal for presentation-quality streaming and recording.
Compact design for low profile integration
Flex 3 cameras can be discreetly integrated into large installations, or allow you to spatially optimize desktop capture volumes for face mocap and tracking rigid bodies. Choose red camera cases for higher visibility, or black for subtlety.
High power strobe mode
When used with an OptiHub, OptiTracks’s custom high speed USB hub, Flex 3 cameras can operate in high power mode to draw additional power for the IR strobe. The extra power increases capture range and reduces marker dropout. The Flex 3’s standard power mode is USB power compliant for use with off the shelf hubs and direct connections to a PC.
OptiSync1 is OptiTrack’s custom synchronization system, which sends and receives sync signals over USB cable. As a result, cabling is reduced by 50%, which enables faster and simpler setup.
External sync in/out
Integrate Flex 3 cameras into large scale tracking and analytical ecosystems with external sync in and out. Utilize frame triggers or free-run triggering to synchronize frame cycling with external software controls and hardware components like force plates and shutter glasses.
V100 and V100:R2 compatibility
The Flex 3 includes backwards compatibility with existing V100 camera installations in traditional Wired Sync mode and V100:R2 installations in OptiSync or Wired Sync mode. OptiSync is only available for Flex 3 cameras connected to OptiHubs.
1. Only enabled with the OptiHub, Optitrack’s custom USB High Speed hub, designed to complement the Flex 3 camera.
Specifications and other information are subject to change without notice. All brand and product names are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders. The information on this webpage is provided by the respective named manufacturer and is for general information purposes. These data constitute a concrete indication of properties and condition only if they are expressly indicated by EST or have been agreed upon as a condition in writing.