With an impressive 1.3 million pixels of resolution, 120 FPS sample rate, and an immense 56° field of view, the Flex 13 is an achievement in efficient, affordable motion capture. Enjoy the precision and accuracy of a professional capture system at a price tuned for AAA and indie studios alike.
Incredibly high precision in an affordable package
The Flex 13’s 1.3 MP imager offers over 4x the resolution of a Flex 3. When combined with OptiTrack’s proprietary real-time processing algorithms, it can track motions within a tolerance of less than 0.5 mm—ideal for rigorous tracking applications, such as multi-actor capture and complex motion tracking.
Maximize your capture volume
You asked for more capture volume, and we were listening. When deployed with the default 56° lens in a standard 20’ × 20’ arrangement, the camera can attain an active capture area that is among the largest in the industry, which allows for extensive capture volumes even in modest tracking environments.
On-camera image processing
The Flex 13 can send a variety of pre-processed image types to the PC, resulting in more efficient imaging and system scaling. Image processing types include:
- Object – Performs on-camera detection of marker location, size, and roundness using our most precise grayscale processing methods. Provides excellent precision with the smallest CPU footprint.
- Precision grayscale – Similar to Object processing, but sends selective grayscale images of markers to the PC for calculation of object data. Provides the most verbose marker information, but requires more CPU resources than Object processing.
- Segment – Like precision grayscale processing, segment mode divides processing between the camera and CPU, providing streamlined marker information for CPU-efficient marker detection. Provides a balance between precision and processing load.
- MJPEG-compressed grayscale – Full resolution grayscale frames, compressed on-camera for highly scalable scene video capabilities.
- Raw grayscale – Full resolution, uncompressed grayscale.
Unique to OptiTrack cameras, on-camera MJPEG compression consumes 1/10th the bandwidth of uncompressed video while still enabling real-time grayscale video at full resolution and full frame rate (up to 1280 × 1024 @ 120 FPS). Compact, high-quality grayscale video enables image preview with multiple cameras, simultaneously—an indispensable tool for camera aiming and focusing during rig setup and calibration.
Flexible filtering options
Customize your Flex 13’s lens filter for standard IR motion capture or visible-spectrum reference video, for light filtering that is perfectly suited to your capture environment and application. Include the Filter Switcher add-on for quickly swapping between both filtering options.
OptiSync is OptiTrack’s custom synchronization system, which sends and receives sync signals over USB cable. As a result, cabling is reduced by 50%, which enables faster and simpler setup.
External sync in/out
Integrate Flex 13 cameras into scientific and studio ecosystems with external sync in and out, enabled with the OptiHub 2. Utilize frame triggers or free-run triggering to synchronize frame cycling with external software controls and hardware components like force plates and shutter glasses.
- Width: 2.12 inches (53.8 mm)
- Height: 3.19 inches (81 mm)
- Depth: 1.67 inches (42.4 mm)
- Weight: 6.6 ounces (187 g)
- Mounting: 1/4″-20 tripod thread
- Status Indicators:
- 2 digit numeric LEDs
- 1 bicolor status LED
- 28 LEDs
- 850 nm IR
- Adjustable brightness
- Strobe or Continuous Illumination
Lens & Filter
- Stock Lens: 5.5 mm F#1.8
- Horizontal FOV: 56°
- Vertical FOV: 46°
- Optional Lens: 8 mm F#1.8
- Horizontal FOV: 42°
- Vertical FOV: 34°
- M12 Lens Mount
- Adjustable focus w/ spring assist
- 800 nm IR long pass filter
- Optional: 800 nm IR long pass filter w/ Filter Switcher
- Imager Size : 6.144 mm × 4.9152 mm
- Pixel Size : 4.8 µm × 4.8 µm
- Imager Resolution : 1280 × 1024 (1.3 Megapixels)
- Frame Rate: 30-120 FPS (adjustable)
- Latency: 8.3 ms
- Shutter Type: Global
- Shutter Speed:
- Default: 500 µs
- Minimum: 20 µs
- Maximum: 7.5 ms (at 120 FPS)
Image Processing Types
- Precision Grayscale
- MJPEG Grayscale
- Raw Grayscale
Input/Output & Power
- Data: USB 2.0
- Camera Sync: USB 2.0 (via OptiSync)
- Power: USB 2.0 @ 1 A
Recommended system requirements can vary significantly based on camera model and count.
In the Box
- 1 Flex 13 camera Part number: FL13
- 1 Quick Start guide
The versatile OptiTrack Calibration Wands and Squares are ideal for your volumes….
Full camera control, access to 2D object data, camera syncronization, and comprehensive vector tracking – a complete assortment of tools…
The Micron Series Digitizing Probe is useful for 3D digitization of real world objects….
Synchronize Ethernet cameras to almost any signal or source with the eSync 2….
Specifications and other information are subject to change without notice. All brand and product names are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders. The information on this webpage is provided by the respective named manufacturer and is for general information purposes. These data constitute a concrete indication of properties and condition only if they are expressly indicated by EST or have been agreed upon as a condition in writing.